At AMP we offer challenging and rewarding careers in an environment that supports you to reach your full potential.
No agency applications/enquiries.
Demand Planner - 18 Month Maternity Contract
We have an opportunity to join a small and cohesive UK Planning team as our Demand Planner on a 18 month Fixed Term Contract. You will oversee the Planning & Marketing (Place (sales) / Price) activity. You will play a key role in planning and managing not just the product but also the sales by defining and implementing marketing strategies in collaboration with relevant teams in order to achieve company targets across UK.
How you will become part of the bigger picture…
As part of our team you will:
- Manage and control product PSI (Purchases, Sales to customers, and Inventory) which includes:
Collation and analysis of monthly rolling forecast and inventory information from the customers, Placing purchase orders to the factory or to the other European countries, and monitor/control the delivery/shipment of the goods to and from the warehouse, Analyze the stock both at Panasonic and the customers warehouse, and take necessary actions to minimize slow-moving and returned stock.
- Provide timely update and fulfilment plan of all PO’s from factory and other NSCs as well as EU HQ and work in partnership with sales and logistics to fulfil customer orders.
- Proactively plan and coordinate sales plan (by product, by distribution strategy) following the latest market trend and characteristic of product and the distributions.
- Taking the lead in the process of controlling Second-hand, and Stagnant stock.
- Analyse and summarize sales status and take leadership for the creation of next year BP sales plan
- Preparation for internal reporting regarding necessary data related to sales and KPIs
- Undergo training to ensure skills and knowledge are maintained and developed.
What you will bring to the picture…
- Your attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Your ability to maintain effective communication skills while assisting both managers and business partners.
- Effective utilization of recognized planning, analytical or conceptual principles and techniques.
- Computer literate with knowledge of IT- Microsoft Excel and Word and quick to learn new systems.
- Ability to apply technical data knowledge to provide sound analyses in order to drive results significantly and support respective management decision
- Understands impact of legislation and law regulations relevant to the business or function
What would give you the edge…
- Having the technical knowledge of products in the area of responsibility
- Having the ability to work on your own initiative without close supervision.
- Having the knowledge of working on ERP systems preferably in SAP, Salesforce.
- Having knowledge and a proactive approach, with a process improvement mindset and able to manage your own workload and take ownership.
What does our big picture look like?
Established in 1989, AMP Air Conditioning, a Panasonic Company, is one of the UK’s longest established distributors of air conditioning products. Our portfolio includes some of the most advanced systems on the market. From state-of-the-art split systems through to highly energy efficient VRF systems and integrated advanced controls, we have the expertise to tailor an optimal solution to virtually any application including residential, commercial, and corporate. We work with installers, consultants, and end-users to deliver comprehensive support including in-house design, fault diagnostics, logistics and customer product training, backed by an industry-leading after-sales and technical support service that is second to none.
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive, and more secure. Since our founding over a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place, one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time.
We believe in strong collaboration and team spirit to develop Panasonic’s competitive edge even further. Panasonic is an energetic, creative, and proactive organisation consistently aiming to exceed its customers’ expectations by providing solutions for creating ‘A Better Life, A Better World’, and aligning with our Seven Principles.
Inclusion and Equality
In keeping with our principle of Fairness and Honesty, Panasonic’s ambition is to continue to become a more inclusive company , which attracts the best applicants who will be considered for employment regardless of difference and demonstrates our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
The role is full time based at our AMP office in Welwyn Garden City, Herts
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits.
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays increasing with service.
- Staff discount on Panasonic products.
- Flexible Working.
Are you a born problem-solver seeking a challenging job in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for a talented Logistics Coordinator to join our team and provide creative and efficient transportation solutions for internal and external customers.
You will get the chance to work with numerous departments as well as multiple clients and carriers, ensuring that all import and export traffic gets delivered on time in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible. We rely on every member of our team to provide a high level of dedication to customer service, and in return, we offer excellent pay and benefits as well as a solid commitment to help you build your career.
Established in 1989, AMP Air Conditioning, a Panasonic Company, is one of the UK’s longest established distributors of air conditioning products. Our portfolio includes some of the most advanced systems on the market. From state-of-the-art split systems through to highly energy efficient VRF systems and integrated advanced controls, we have the expertise to tailor an optimal solution to virtually any application including residential, commercial and corporate. We work with installers, consultants and end-users to deliver comprehensive support including in-house design, fault diagnostics, logistics and customer product training, backed by an industry-leading after-sales and technical support service that is second to none.
- Assess and resolve issues relating to transportation, customer problems, import and export, and logistics systems.
- Maintain detailed and accurate logistics data for daily, weekly, and quarterly reports including usage metrics, customer issues and resolutions, training records, work logs, and schedule documentation.
- Communicate with various other departments as needed to create comprehensive schedules for business processes such as sales appointments, shipping, and accounting tasks.
- Provide comprehensive logistical support daily for both inbound and outbound shipments, including verifying safety procedures and overseeing quality assurance.
- Work to improve the logistics process by negotiating with suppliers and customers, increasing efficiency, reducing unnecessary steps, and creating innovative solutions for logistical issues.
- Analyse the financial impact of logistical processes and proposed changes to determine maximum efficiency in terms of routing, transportation modes, and resources while continuing to meet customer requirements.
- Create policies, safety procedures, risk management programs, and supply chain processes as needed to increase logistical efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure carriers, shipping and receiving personnel, and other logistical areas comply with safety standards and legal requirements.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Expert in working with MS 365 Suite including. MS Teams and Sharepoint
- Advanced Excel skills incl. Complex formulas and pivot tables
- Minimum 3+ years’ Experience in working with data from ERP systems
- Minimum 2+ years’ Experience in operational logistics / freight forwarding
- Fluent in English Strong communication skills
- Experience with scheduling and organisational software programs